Monday, February 27, 2012

Pretending to be a student

Now that I'm job hunting and working on various projects I find I'm at my most productive when I follow Dave to the Columbia Library where he works a few days a week. It's right at the end of our street in the gorgeous main university campus. 



There is something about a library, especially a university library,  that brings a sense of calm over me. I'm one of those weird people who actually look back fondly at the period of my undergraduate finals. Now there are noticeably fewer piles of books on the desks (and many, many more MacBooks).



 If you look closely you'll see Dave was working on some very technical and important volcano data... 


After a morning's hard work a sandwich in the quad, soaking up the sunshine whilst enjoying a spot of eavesdropping was the perfect addition to my faux-ivy league career.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice to hear from you!