Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thank you King's

For the best leaving presents ever, including a years membership to The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I ventured across town for my first visit there last week and it's brilliant. Kind of like the National Gallery, British Museum and V&A all rolled into one. So much to see I'll definitely need the full year.

One of the nicest things is that as it's on Fifth Avenue on the Upper East Side so it's about a 40 minute stroll from our flat almost entirely through Central Park. Perfect!








I spent a good few hours in there completely engrossed in the Egypt and China galleries and feel like I barely even scraped the surface. Members get to wear a special 'line-skip' pin too so no hanging around. The gift shop was pretty much my idea of heaven!



After a combination of fresh air and culture I definitely needed a snack. 
Luckily New York never fails to disappoint on that front!



All in all a pretty perfect afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice to hear from you!